Occupational Health & Safety Diploma Program
Graduates of our Occupational Health & Safety Diploma Program may serve in a variety of workplace roles, including as Occupational Health & Safety Consultants and Coordinators, Quality Assurance Specialists, Workplace Internal Auditors, Workplace Safety Inspectors, Safety Specialists, Leaders in occupational health & safety in executive management, and Trainers/Instructors in vocational and academic roles.
91.6% of OHS practitioners report being satisfied or very satisfied with their career!
METI is a registered Private Career College with Nova Scotia Department of Advanced Education and a licensed Driver Training School in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act.
Our OH&S Diploma Program has been developed with input from industry stakeholders and further reviewed by industry professionals to ensure you get the skills and certifications needed to give you a competitive edge for success.
METI’s 26-week Occupational Health & Safety Diploma Program includes 25 industry certifications, real-world training experiences, and instruction in contemporary industry-recognized practices and concepts; all to improve on your hireability and success!
(Program start date is pending approval of the NS Dept. of Advanced Education.)
Our Occupational Health & Safety Diploma Program has been designed to meet the education requirements of the CRSP® Certification Eligibility for certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP®) by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) by closely following the nine domains outlined in the CRSP® certification exam outline.
Train to administer, maintain, and improve on health and safety management systems in order to achieve due diligence and compliance.
Admission to our Occupational Health & Safety Diploma Program
- High School Graduation Diploma (You are required to submit supporting documents accompanying your application; a post-secondary transcript or a high school transcript and résumé.)
- Please Note: Preference may be given to applicants who can demonstrate work experience in a related field such as industry, trades, health or human resources or a diploma or undergraduate degree.
- International students – Submit your official post-secondary documents for assessment. View English language requirements by country
Our Occupational Health & Safety Diploma Program takes an innovative approach to training you for today’s workplace.
For a brief description of each unit of training, click on the links, below:
- OH&S Legislation & Ethics
- Applied Safety Fundamentals
- Risk Management Training
- Workplace Health & Wellness Promotion
- Working at Heights
- Principles of Hoisting & Rigging
- Working with Mobile Equipment
- Computer Applications
- Working in Hazardous Atmospheres
- Environmental Fundamentals
- OH&S Leadership Training
- OH&S Safety Management Systems
- OH&S Safety Management Systems Audit
Become proficient at identifying hazards and evaluating and mitigating risk of illness or injury to people, harm to the environment, damage to property, damage to equipment, and loss of process with METI’s OH&S Diploma Program!
25 industry certifications:
- WHMIS Training
- Standard (Intermediate) Workplace First Aid CPR C and AED
- Traffic Control Person TCP
- Fall Protection Training
- Basic Frame Scaffold Training – Staging User & Erector Training
- Ground Disturbance Training – Level 201
- Trenching & Excavating Awareness Training
- Forklift Operator Safety Training
- Aerial Lift Safety Training – Boom Lift and Scissor Lift Training
- Skid Steer Operator Training
- Confined Space Training
- Confined Space Rescue Training
- Gas Detection Training
- H2S Alive Training Course – Energy Safety Canada
- Respiratory Protective Equipment Training – RPE/APR/SCBA/Bottle Watch Training
- Hazardous Waste Worker Training
- Hazardous Waste Supervisor Training
- Asbestos Abatement Training
- Lead Abatement Training
- Mold Remediation Training
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training – TDG
- Joint Occupational Health & Safety Representative – JOHS Training
- Incident Investigation Training
- Blueprint and Plan Reading Training
- Basic Fire Safety Training
- Injury Management
- Workplace Health and Safety Management
- Incident Investigation
- Workers Compensation
- Health & Safety Management Systems
- Instruction from industry-experienced and certified instructors
- Training in a variety of safety-sensitive work practices
- Supervisory level training and certification
Please Note: Admission into the Occupational Health & Safety Diploma Program will require requisite physical ability to perform physical acts, such as lifting, climbing, donning/doffing specialized personal protective equipment (including self-contained breathing apparatus), working in simulated hazardous waste, confined space and fall protection areas, and performing personnel rescue techniques.
“I received confirmation from the university today regarding transfer credits. Again, fantastic news based on METI quality courses.
METI has been the best training I have taken to date and since has helped me toward achieving my goals. IE CRSP designation (2014) and will complete my Degree in OHS over the next 6 months due to the quality of training METI provided and transfer credits allotted based on the high standards.”
Joe and Shannon are here to discuss, and help you with funding/financing options that may be available to you when taking one of our Career Training Programs.
Please call or send them an email to learn more.
902-539-9766 or email email@example.com