Applied Safety Fundamentals
We give you the first building blocks to a healthy and safe workplace in Applied Safety Fundamentals!
Receive certifications in:
- WHMIS Training
- Standard First Aid CPR-C & AED (CSA Intermediate) (2 Day)
- Traffic Control Person Training TCP
Applied Safety Fundamentals provides you with key concepts and practices on which to build your expertise in Occupational Health and Safety.
- The appropriate use of basic personal protective equipment for a given task
- The use of extension cord and machinery guards in the workplace
- Housekeeping on the job site
- Safety when working with ladders
- Slips, trips and falls and the importance it plays on the jobsite
- Tool safety when using common hand tools and power tools
Safety has been described as a state in which hazards and conditions leading to loss are controlled in order to preserve the health and well-being of individuals at the workplace, the environment, facilities, equipment and tools and the community at large. For our purposes, we shall consider hazards as acts, conditions or materials having the potential to cause loss.
Loss that results from hazardous acts, conditions or materials could include, but would not be limited to loss of like, debilitating injury or illness, harm to the natural environment, loss of process, damage to equipment or other assets, loss of revenue, loss of the organization’s good reputation. It is a commonly held belief among safety practitioners that incidents are preventable (incidents are occurrences, conditions, or situations arising in the course of work that resulted in or could have resulted in injuries, illnesses, damage to health, or fatalities).