CLASS 1 DRIVER – TRACTOR TRAILER PROGRAM
There is no better time than NOW to start your new career as a Class 1 Tractor Trailer Driver!
Our 14 week Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer Program gives you 10 weeks of driver training, 7 industry certifications, 50 hours of Behind the Wheel time and 4 weeks of on-the-job training (Internship). Our program also has the most registered hours behind the wheel in Nova Scotia.
Included in our program:
• WHMIS GHS
• Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
• Standard First Aid CPR-C & AED (CSA Intermediate) Training (2 Day) (St. John Ambulance)
• Professional Driver Improvement Course (PDIC)
• Air Brakes
• Forklift Operator
• Cargo Securement
• Basic Fire Safety
• Computers Basics
• Career Development
• Truck Driver Life Skills
• Tractor Trailer Driving Basics
• Tractor Trailer Systems
• Class 1 Driver – Practical – Field and Maneuvering Skills, Pre-Trip Inspections and Coupling, Observation and Hands on Instruction, Behind The Wheel (BTW)
Congratulations Priyesh, on graduating from Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer and on securing a job with Armour Transportation Systems. (January, 2023)This 14 week program consists of 10 weeks at METI with 50 hours of Behind the Wheel time and 4 weeks of on the job training placement (Internship).
“The Canadian Trucking Association estimated that there will be nearly 50,000 vacant positions by 2027, a number that is alarming for the Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association.”
Global News, October 29, 2022
During the 4 week job training placement (Internship), you will receive a minimum of 100 HRS behind the wheel (BTW) time, complying with the Atlantic Canada Trucking Industry Class 1 Professional Truck Driver Training Public and Private Training Institute Standards.
METI maintains industry relationships across Canada!
- We train for over 500 business and trade professionals.
- We supply employers with professional Class 1 Drivers.
- Our Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer Program was developed with industry professionals who continue to work with us, ensuring that you have the most hireable skills in the industry.
Admission To METI Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer Is Easy And Fast!
Please bring the following to our Student Services Team:
- A completed Application Form or download the application by clicking here
- A completed Class 1 Driver’s Medical Form
- Your Driver’s Abstract
- Your Class 5 Driver’s License (In Graduated Licensing, “N” must be removed prior to start date.)
- An updated resume
- Proof of education completed
- A Criminal Record Check
- Essential Skills Testing (administered by the Trucking Human Resources Sector Council – as benefit to you, METI covers this $80.00)
Congratulations Ethan and Maxime on graduating from our Class 1 Driver – Tractor Trailer Program. Great work! Thank You for choosing METI. Both grads have been given offers of employment and we wish them all the best in their new careers (January, 2023).
Joe and Shannon are here to discuss, and help you with funding/financing options that may be available. Please call or send them an email to learn more.
902-539-9766 or email email@example.com
Click to learn about funding/financing options that may be available.