EROSION & SEDIMENT CONTROL TRAINING
Erosion & Sediment Control Training gives you approaches to protecting construction sites, adjacent properties and water bodies.
With METI’s Training you receive instruction on the principles of Erosion & Sediment Control and key applications.
When someone wants to interact with a watercourse, such as install a crossing, withdrawal water, or add erosion protection, they must follow the rules set in the Activity Designation Regulations and the Nova Scotia Watercourse Alterations Standard.
Key Benefits to METI’s Erosion & Sediment Control Training
By taking our Erosion & Sediment Control Training, you will take away principles that lead to sustaining our surface water supply, which in turn supports economic development, sustains health of humans and aquatic ecosystems, protects the environment, and sustains a high quality of life for Nova Scotians.
- Distinguish among the legislation that governs erosion and sediment control activities
- Discuss the relevance of due diligence
- Differentiate between activities that require approval and those that require notification
- Give examples of common causes of problems on construction sites
- Give examples of causes of erosion on building sites
- Give examples of how to practice the principles of Erosion & Sediment Control
- Indicate what elements must be in an Erosion & Sediment Control plan
- Distinguish among the activities that take place during assessment of risk of erosion
- Indicate how construction activities sequenced in erosion and sediment control plans
- Indicate how do BMPs for erosion control reduce erosion potential
- Identify the primary goal when selecting appropriate control measures
Your Erosion & Sediment Control Ticket/Certificate
Upon completion of this training, you will receive a wallet-size Ticket/Certificate that will show prospective employers that you have the right credentials. We keep your records on file permanently. Feel free to have your prospective employer contact METI to confirm your Erosion & Sediment Control Training Certificate.